For those seeking peace, grace, love, mercy, healing, security, hope, forgiveness, riches beyond anything this world has to offer and so much more there is a place for you. There is one who longs for you, seeks for you and has died for you.
You see long ago before the world began God saw you and loved you. He wants a personal relationship with you, but a man and woman sinned. As a result you and I are born into sin, as sinners. So in order to rectify the sinful nature that now separates us from God He needed a spotless perfect sacrifice in order to make a covenant with those who would accept Him. God the Son, Jesus, willingly laid down His life so that all who are willing to believe on Him may enter into a covenant with Him.
There is a cost however. The cost of the covenant has been paid through the flesh and blood of Christ and forgiveness is offered to all who, by faith walk through the blood of Christ. As one who is now in covenant with God there will be a great cost, but the reward is even greater.
If you are a follower of Christ the cost will be...
- We will have a common enemy with Christ, Satan. He will seek to destroy you.
- You will be persecuted and betrayed by the world, including your own family. We will suffer in this life.
- We will be afflicted.
- Weaknesses, insults, distresses, persecutions and difficulties.
- To carry your own cross in which you must bear.
- Die to self.
- You will be hated by the world.
- To give up pursuing treasures in this world.
- You will not battle your enemies alone – Christ fights for you and with you.
- He will never leave nor forsake you.
- Your soul will be entrusted to a faithful God who will do what is right.
- To be worthy of the Kingdom of God
- Favor with God
- To draw on His Strength.
- A new self, a new robe of righteousness.
- Forgiveness of sin.
- Eternal life with Christ in heaven with God.
- Co-Heirs with Christ.
- Called beloved of God.
- Saved from God’s wrath.
One final caution, if you are a true follower of Christ you WILL suffer in this life for His sake. You will choose to die to self and all the pleasures (sin) this world offers. If you are not willing to “count the cost and carry your cross daily” you might want to ask the Holy Spirit if you are truly a follower of Christ.
For further study see Matthew 10:16-39; Romans 8:17; 2 Cor 1:6; Phil 1:29; 2 Tim 1:12 \ 3:11; 1 Peter 4:19; 2 Thess 1:5, 1 Peter 2:19; 2 Cor 12:10; Luke 14:27; Matt 16:24; Col 3:9-10; Mark 13:13; John 15:18; 1 Peter 1:3-5; Romans 5:6-10…
Re-posted from 2010