(Photo compliments of Photobucket...I am not so gifted!)
Happy Birthday to my dear friend Gina. Since it's her birthday I thought I'd list a few reasons why I am thankful for her.
What a perfect day to it too...on Thankful Thursday!
* I am thankful that God chose us to meet when we were in the eigth grade.
* I am thankful that even though I was not the best of influences you still chose to be my friend.
* I am thankful that you told me about God. How He loved me and wanted a relationship with me.
* I am thankful that you showed me how to accept Jesus as my Savior.
* I am thankful that you were patient when I didn't understand how a christian was to live. You have given me space through the years to allow the Spirit of God to work in me as you have prayed...and just been there.
* I am thankful that you always show Christ to me.
* You have always been willing to share truth with me, even during times in my life when I didn't want to listen. You are never afraid to say the hard things.
* You have been a wonderful example of a godly mom and wife. And even though I am the "older" one with older children, I learn much from you.
* I am thankful you are willing to share your life with me as a life long friend.
* I love you and hope you have a wonderful day today.
Go wish Gina a Happy Birthday!
For more Thankful Thursday's visit Iris over at Sting My Heart.
This is an awesome post. I am going to post something similar at Laced With Grace on Saturday.ReplyDelete
I feel compelled to thank those who were mentors on our journey. I was deeply moved by your post.
Awesome. Be blessed, me
This is the most precious thing one girlfriend could do for another...Wow Gina! Happy Birthday!ReplyDelete
And I'm guessing that cake photo is stock...Cause I'm so jealous if it's not..:)
Thank you, Sharon! I wish you were here to drink coffee and eat bagels with me! Hey, why don't you hop in the car and come over!! I'll be waiting! We can wear our matching outfits!ReplyDelete
See you in a few hours!!!
Sharon, you left me a sweet comment on my blog. I read it, and clicked to "publish" it, but it disappeared! I just didnt want you to think I was ignoring it!ReplyDelete
Thanks for your sweet gift today, and for the gift of your friendship all these years!
Ummmmm...just one more thing. Could you get me a cake like that, and bring it when you come to visit?ReplyDelete
That was so sweet.ReplyDelete
What a great post! It's such a blessing to have friends like this!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing!
How precious! Happy Birthday to Gina!ReplyDelete
That cake is fabulous!
What a great list!! I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful friend.ReplyDelete
Sharon, what a lovely birthday tribute!ReplyDelete
Sharon, what an awesome relationship that you have with Gina. Being a friend and then even having her introduce you to Jesus. I'm wiping the tears. Very cool. Blessings.ReplyDelete
Gina sounds like an amazing lady! What a blessing to have such a friend! Enjoyed this Thankful post!ReplyDelete
What a great friend! Have a blessed week!ReplyDelete
It's me again! Ijust want to tell you that your post was my best birthday present....even better than the Starbucks gift card!(but don't tell Brian...he got me some really good bagels!) I have a relaxing day...but have actually been feeling discouraged today...so your post was a real encouragement!ReplyDelete
That is the sweetest post! You are blessed by the Lord! I enjoyed reading that incredible thankful list! Have a great day/weekend!ReplyDelete
What a beautiful tribute to your friend Sharon. You are blessed to have a friend who points you to the Savior. I think friends are a special gift from the hand of a loving Father.ReplyDelete
What a blessing your friend has been, and from reading her post, I know she feels blessed today.ReplyDelete
God bless you,
Wow that cake makes me hungry =)) What a sweet tribute. Have a wonderful weekend.ReplyDelete
What a precious friend you have in Gina. A great post to honor her this special day she had.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Blessings to you and yours.