One of my favorite pies is Pecan. I have wanted to post this since Thanksgiving but hadn’t taken the time to transfer the pictures to my computer. So Here is my recipe that several have asked for. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup corn syrup (I use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
- 4 eggs 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups pecans, coarsely broken
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
1. In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes'; set aside and allow to cool slightly. I usually wait about 30-45 minutes.
3. Stir until mixture is smooth and lump free.
5. Pour mixture into pie crust.
6. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.