Those who I have walked with me....
I've been thinking about all the women (well and some men)who have influenced me over the years. God has been so faithful in placing people in my life to help me walk a journey of faith. I know my list will not be exhaustive but I want to spending this Thankful Thursday honoring those who have had the biggest impact.
1) My paternal grandmother- while I didn't really know her well I do know that she faithfully prayed for me until the day she died. The letters she wrote were always loving and encouraging.
2) Gina - how could you not be on the top of my list...you led me to the Lord. Your faithfulness in sharing the gospel gave me eternal life and set me on a journey to grace and freedom.
3) Colleen and Ann both helped me journey through raising my children. Without their godly advice and example I would have been clueless.
4) There are several authors that have impacted my journey with the Lord. I am so thankful for their talents in writing and helping me along the way in my journey to know God. John Piper, Oswald Chambers, Jerry Bridges, A.W. Tozer, George Macdonald, Elizabeth George, Kay Arthur.
5)I am thankful for those women who came along side me when my son began to rebel, they helped walk me through in truth and love.
6) I am thankful for my girlfriends who speak truth in love, help me to grow up, deal with it, get over it and move on.
7) I am thankful for PD who helped me understand and accept God's sovereignty. He was the first pastor I ever came in contact that was real and authentic. He had a contagious passion for truth and grace.
8) PT another pastor who helped me walk through difficult times. He helped me walk from a life of bondage to a life of freedom in Christ.
9) I am thankful for SH who has been such an example of what a godly woman should be. She has mentored me in so many ways in the areas of leadership. She encourages me, speaks truth when I need it and challenges me to become all God created me to be.
10)My husband has modeled unconditional love, grace, mercy and compassion. He encourages me to reach beyond what I think I am able to do in order to stretch me. He is my biggest "cheerleader". He helps me see the lighter side of life instead of taking myself too seriously.
I am sure there are so many others. I am so thankful to God that He continues to mold me and make me into His beautiful daughter. He never gives up, He is patient, full of grace and mercy. He is so tender and yet He is willing to "break our legs" if that's what it takes to keep us close to Him.
THANK YOU JESUS!!
Written by Sharon Brobst